Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Year's Resolution

Typically I am not one for New Year's resolutions. I think they are silly. If you want to do something, why not start now? The thinking I suppose is that new years bring new beginnings. Then I realized I do have sort of a resolution as well, but I'm hoping to start now.

My theme for 2013 will be "downsizing". For one thing, Dan and I will be joining a gym and eating healthier in order to "downsize" our bodies for the April cruise and our wedding in June. Also very important to me is downsizing on material goods. Now that I am working at Sparks Florist I have a uniform. Pants that are not jeans, and the work shirts that they provide. They are dark green polos, long or short sleeved. The store is quite cold so I also get away with wearing a scarf and a sweater so I can at least show a bit of personality. However, 50% of my wardrobe will most likely go unworn. I love to dress up, but I don't have tons of dress up opportunities any more. Some after work and weekend outfits... But a lot of it is now just hanging there and it feels like a waste. Same with makeup and perfumes and lotions and more. I don't need all of these things, why not give them to someone who could use them?

We came home from Christmas with Dan's family and I'm realizing that we don't have enough room now to put away everything that we got. Time to recycle unused things to bring in new things. I can't just keep letting things pile up. I grew up with a borderline hoarder. I do not want that for myself! If there is nowhere to put it, then I just really feel like we don't need it. Pass stuff on to someone who will use it.

Darn, too bad it's freezing, not a good time for a yard or garage sale. Might be interesting though to get people together, maybe in the Redfield Clubhouse, and have people bring things they don't want anymore and we can all kind of trade. Everything else can go to Goodwill!

No comments:

Post a Comment